Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Beautiful Oops!

For our first school-wide lesson, each student created a Beautiful Oops.  After reading Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg, students were each given a paper with a challenge (tear, smudge, stain, mark, etc.).  Students needed to incorporate the Oops into a masterpiece. The results are impressive. 

I really wanted students to understand we ALL make mistakes- in and out of the art room.  The important thing is that we learn to view our mistakes as opportunities to learn and to become creative solution finders.  I was thrilled with the enthusiasm at each grade level, and their Oops are really impressive.  I wish I had the time to post all 400.  Great job, Killam Artists!   Enjoy!












How appropriate that I should have trouble rotating this final pic!  Oops!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Blog Amy!!! It was great meeting you and I put your blog link onto my blog!!

    ReplyDelete